'Create

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Up In The Air Movie Review





Director: Jason Reitman

Writer(s): Jason Reitman and Sheldon Turner

Starring: George Clooney, Vera Farmiga, Anna Kendrick, Jason Bateman

Finally I am starting to get around to seeing some of the more acclaimed movies that have come along. This now bring me to the movie "Up In The Air" which was written and directed by JasoN Reitman (Juno, Thank You for Smoking) and stars George Clooney (Michael Clayton, Ocean's Eleven), Vera Farmiga (The Departed, Orphan), Anna Kendrick ( Twilight, Elsewhere), & Jason Bateman (Couples Retreat, Extract).

This movie is worth every single bit of praise that it has received so far. Up In The Air not only deserves to be contending for the major awards this year, but may surprise people and snatch a few of them up. The only sad part is in a year where Avatar is reigning supreme all over the globe, it is going to be hard for movies such as Up In The Air to be awarded the way it deserves to.

While I will still stand strong behind my belief that Avatar is by far the movie that deserves to win best picture, I am convinced that the acting awards and quite possibly best adaption awards should go the way of this movie. I admit I still not yet seen all the movie that are going to contend for the awards this year, but I do admit that I was absolutely astonished by Up In The Air.

Reitman delivers his strongest turn as a director and proves a point that he is a director that has a true gift. Clooney gives what I would easily call one of his best if not his absolute best performance. While the rest of the cast give very strong performances that will leave you in awe of this one of a kind story.

This movie starts off a little slow and at times for the first while had me wondering where it was that it intended to go. Then as the movie went on I found myself more and more drawn in to what it was offering. Just when I thought the movie was winding down to typical Hollywood ending I was smacked in the face by what was a turn of events I did not expect at all. The movie then went on to wrap itself up just the way a movie should wrap itself up.

Up In The Air is a blessing and should be watched and appreciated by any and all who have a chance to see it. There are plenty of laughs, tears, smiles, frowns, and true heart to be felt while watching this movie. Up In The Air has everything it takes to be a classic movie and will forever be on my list of movies that are worth watching again and again.

I recommend taking this movie in as I personally feel you will not be disappointed bu it.

My Rating: 100%





No comments: