'Create

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Couples Retreat Movie Review

Couples Retreat

Couples Retreat [Blu-ray]


Director: Peter Billingsley
Writers: Jon Favreau
Vince Vaughn

Starring: Vince Vaughn, Jason Bateman, Jon Favreau, Kristen Bell



Couple Retreat is the kind of movie that could drive a person to the point of suicide. On the surface it seems like a potentially great idea for a movie right? That being said how could you go wrong when you fill the movie with some top names in the movie right? Well what probably seemed like a no brainer for the people behind Couples Retreat soon became a nightmare for those who had to witness it.

Couples Retreat is the story of four couples who are convinced into going on a relationship building retreat. It appeared to be a trip to paradise for the couples until they found out that they actually had to follow a specific guideline in order to be able to stay at this specific retreat. This is the point in the movie where supposedly the fun and excitement begins, although I truly never did find any of either.

There is a scene at the start of the movie where Vince Vaughn and his wife are at a home renovation store with their children, the little boy looks up at his parents with disgusted eyes and says "You guys this is sooooo boring" and here I was thinking to myself that this kid is right. It goes without saying though that this little kid then goes on to have the only two funny moments in the entire movie. I hate to say it but a kid who likely was paid very little money was more comical then the overpriced celebrity actors/actresses that graced the screen in Couples Retreat.

I know that many people have been to see this movie already, and I am sure some will even tell me that they found it to be a good movie also, unfortunately I do not share their ability to enjoy mindless movie babble. It also completely disgusted me at the obvious product advertising that can be found in Couple Retreat. I mean who sits there spending several minutes of screen time rambling on about Applebees? Well I guess Vince Vaughn does and it is sad to say that a once otherwise amusing actor has been reduced to this type of big screen trash. Couples Retreat honestly would not have even made a good made for TV movie. This movie is not quite the worst one I have seen all year but it sure as hell managed to come in a close race for the title. I recommend staying clear of this snooze fest, even if you guys out there are trying to impress your girl.

My Rating: 4%

No comments: