'Create

Monday, November 23, 2009

Zombieland Movie Review

Zombieland

Zombieland [Blu-ray]


Director: Ruben Fleischer
Writer: Rhett Reese
Paul Wernick

Starring:
Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone



Zombieland is a perfect example of why movies can be fun and exciting. Zombieland takes a simple age old story of zombie invasion and gives it a new and refreshing spin so that the movie going public is served up a amazing feast of blood, gore, and comedy.

Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenberg star in this comedy/horror and immediately present us with a perfect odd couple paring that captures the imagination from the moment they venture off in search of zombies, non infected territory, and of course twinkies.

I must say that throughout Zombieland I could not help but enjoy the narrative that is provided explaining rules of surviving Zombieland, or even the well presented "Zombie Kill Of The Week".

Zombieland starts off on a funny note and the laughs never ends until the credits finally begin to roll. There is even an amazing comical guest appearance in the movie, and I am not going to give away who it is as I believe you should see the movie and find out for yourselves.

Zombieland is the first major movie debut from director Ruben Fleischer and if this movie is a sign of things to come from Ruben then we will find ourselves treated to a delightful cinema experience with each release.

Zombieland in my humble opinion ranks up at the top of the list for movies to have been released in 2009. Zombieland exemplifies exactly what a true cinema experience is all about. I highly recommend everyone to check out this movie and be dazzled by something fresh on the market this year.

My Rating: 93%

2 comments:

Jon said...

Looking forward to seeing this one man - What did you think of the new StartTrek? I'm assuming it might be an upcoming review.

Robert Munson said...

Jon - Thank you for taking the time to read my review. The new Star Trek movie will manage to get it's review up on the site here fairly soon, I am trying my best to keep the site full of reviews. The new Star Trek should actually be up in the next week for sure. I would hate to spoil the fun of the read and tell you the percentage I would give to it, but I can tell you ahead of time that it will definitely be receiving a well deserved great rating from me when I do post the review. Thank you again and keep posted to the page.