'Create

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Avatar Movie Review






Director: James Cameron

Writer(s): James Cameron

Starring: Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver






It is starting to get very close to the time of year where studios are releasing their more solid motion pictures, the ones that they truly believe could grab the Academies attention and win some of the awards for this year. The speculation each and every year though is which of the movies is going to catch our imaginations enough to become the heavy hitter. This year I believe that even without seeing the other movies that are going to go up for the awards, I do truly believe that Avatar far exceeds anything that is required to be called the best movie of 2009.

James Cameron (The Terminator, Titanic, True Lies) proves to us here exactly why he should be forever praised for his ability to make movies. It is Cameron himself who has delivered such remarkable movies through his entire career. James Cameron this time around gives us his first movie since "Titanic" and the question on everyones mind is was it worth the wait. The answer to this question is yes, it is well worth the wait.

Avatar is hands down not only one of the best movies you will witness in 2009, but going out on a limb here I will state that Avatar is hands down one of the better movies you are going to see period. I know many people will be quick to pick apart the storyline and say that other movies have worked with the idea of spy, betrayal, love, and new hope but even keeping those plot aspects in this movie does not take away from how perfect the movie is.

The movie which stars Sam Worthington (Terminator Salvation) and Sigourney Weaver (Alien Quadrilogy (Alien/ Aliens /Alien 3 /Alien Resurrection), Ghostbusters) is what I believe is the perfect roles for both of these two. Sam Worthington continues to impress me with his acting ability and in my honest opinion far exceeds the abilities of most action film stars.

The storyline to Avatar was more then enough to captivate me having touched on so many human emotions that one is left in total awe of this movie. The acting was spot on for this movie, and I can not forget to mention the visual aspect. Avatar is one of the most amazing visual movies your eyes will ever be treated to. I can not stress how much I believe that everyone should go and see this movie in the theater to witness it in 3D. The 3D does not take away from the movie, and quite frankly the movie would have been amazing even without the 3D, but I highly recommend the 3D if you are going to see this in theaters.

Do not hesitate to go and see this movie as you will be treated to a true treasure. Avatar has been nominated this year for a Golden Globe award for best Motion Picture and I do believe it is very much deserving of this nomination. I have not seen all the movie in the category so I do not want to jump the gun and state that it will win, but I do believe that from what I have seen it should be no contest. Avatar is the best movie of 2009.

My Rating: 100%





No comments: