'Create

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Drag Me To Hell Movie Review

Drag me To Hell






Director: Sam Raimi

Writer(s): Sam Raimi & Ivan Raimi

Starring: Alison Lohman, Justin Long



Drag Me To Hell is director Sam Raimi's (Spider-Man , Darkman, & The Evil Dead Trilogy) return to the world of horror. Horror fans were to rejoice at the idea of Raimi returning to his roots in the horror movie genre.

This was one movie that I had been dying (no pun intended) to see since I originally heard it spoken about in Fangoria Magazine. I have always been a huge fan of the Evil Dead series and was like a little boy on Christmas morning waiting for this movie to finally hit theatres. Low and behold the day finally came and much to my very delight I was not dissapointed.

I want to first mention that Drag Me To Hell is definitely not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but it may come as a surprise even to some of the skeptics out there. Raimi managed to pull out all of the stops with this raunchy, gross out, modern day horror movie. There is nothing short of remarkable about this movie and I highly recommend it to those who have a love for old style B Horror films.

The acting was nothing worthy of an academy award but was exactly what was required. The storyline itself is creative, and the entire movie stays alive with cheap scares, good laughs, and some unforgettable gross out scenes. Drag Me To Hell was and will remain a movie that will be overlooked by many movie goers due to the style of film that it is, but I recommend that if you are someone who has overlooked this movie or has not yet seen it then you make it on your immediate to do list.

While Drag Me To Hell is not quite the best movie that has come out in 2009, it is definitely one of the stronger movies to come along this year for sure. This movie also manages to cement Raimi in among directors who know how to make the movies fun and exciting even in a crowded market.

My Rating: 92%

No comments: